1. It is always going to be hard when it comes to following your heart and being brave. You're going to be worried and scared about putting your feet into water which you don't know the depth of and taking that plunge, but be brave and do it anyway. Life only comes around once and you don't want to be sitting around wishing that you had done this and that at the end of it all. Isn't it better if you've 'been there done that'?
2. Take yourself to new places, always be exploring and eat well. There is so much beauty in the world to be experienced and flavours to be savoured. I'm falling in love with travelling because there's just so much of the world left to be seen and felt.
3. Don't stop making yourself better. There's always more work to be done to improve yourself. Of course, that's not to say that we all have to be a perfectionist or be too harsh on ourselves. More like striving to become a better version of ourselves every single day.
4. Don't let other people be what completes you – you have to make yourself whole. You have to dictate the own terms of your happiness. Spend time with yourself, figure out what makes your heart beat and your blood rush. It is okay to be alone. Just as much as I enjoy having good company, I enjoy being alone with just myself and my thoughts.
5. Surround yourself with people who inspire you to aim higher and go further because they see in you what you don't see in yourself. More importantly, surround with people who makes you unapologetically happy.
Sitting at the Sydney airport now waiting for my flight back and leeching off their free wifi (yay!) so I thought I'll post some thoughts on dayre on this day I turn 26.
Each year I look back on the past years and I realize that I always enjoy my present more than the past. It's like I have never been happier than any moment I'm presently in.
Uncertain of what this year will bring or where it will bring me to, but I'm going to embrace it with open arms and an open heart!
Got picked up at the airport and saw this huge colourful KS gift box when I got onto the car.
Thank you for the love girls! You know who you are. ❤
Also got a cake and a small gift at the stroke of midnight from my travel partner last night!
Also received a really cute Jamie Oliver cookie baking set from the Nuffies! Thank you for remembering my birthday every year. Feeling loved! Heh. I'm sure I'll put this to good use and send the cookies to Kinta Road if they turn out yummy!
What was absolutely unexpected today was returning home to this set of cute bunny cupcakes from someone who knows me inside out and sometimes even better than myself. It's weird how we can read each other's minds and sense each other's emotions in such an accurate manner.
Happy birthday to us both! 🎂🎂
And of course, yearly token of love from the most awesome mum who has the biggest heart and has been nothing but tolerant and patient even when I'm being difficult.
It's been a good birthday so far.
I'm not big on fancy celebrations but each year on this day, I'm reminded of how loved and blessed I truly am.